Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Season of Change

Joscelin has graduated from highschool. She is now at BYU-Idaho. The house has been so different without her here. While we miss her, we are so proud of the person she is and we are ever grateful that she radiates the spirit and it is seen by those around her.
 
 
James started Running Start. He has mastered the city bus system and gets around with minimal help from us. He has kept up with highschool band and choir while still attending seminary every morning. He is getting closer to his Eagle project. He is taller and his voice is deeper. I'm seeing the makings of a great missionary in him.

Tatiana started middle school this fall. The bus picks her up so early! She is now in Joscelin's room and does a fabulous job of keeping it clean. She is looking forward to turning 14 and getting a Facebook account. She is also planning (in the future) to get married and have children.
 
 
Shayla is all horses. She dreams, breaths and talks horses all the time. I have a much greater appreciation for my parents and the hours they listened to me as a girl! Shayla is getting set up for joining 4H and plans to show one of the horses at the fair next year. She plays flute at school. she is in 6th grade and looking forward to growing up.
 
 
Kamella started violin this year. She and Shayla are both out of braces and wearing retainers. Kamella likes to sleep in, but is a happy riser in the morning. She continues to grow and is no longer my little girl.
 
 
Colton and Abby are getting smarter. They are great helpers, explorers, players, and huggers. We love their laughs, their hugs, and their smiles.
 
 
I was recently called as Relief Society president, helping me to re-evaluate where I am in my life. I have felt the love and guidance of Heavenly Father as I have worked to have the spirit more readily available on a daily basis. Josh and I are working hard on correct priorities in family and home. We are looking forward with happiness while working on what matters most right now.
 
 
While change can add stress, it can also help us to look at life through different eyes, help us to see where improvements can be made, and help us to remember where to look for REAL GUIDANCE, Our Heavenly Father. With Him, We can do anything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment