Saturday, November 13, 2010

Out With The Old


Last week, we said GoodBye to our Gold Van. It had served us well for many years. We've been over numerous mountain passes visiting family, said many prayers, had sick kids, trips to the hospital, innumerable trips to schools and even more to the church in that trusty old van. It was not that pretty in the end, and even getting a little unreliable, but what memories.


I remember when we first saw The Gold Van. Tatiana had not been feeling well for a couple weeks. I had taken her in to the doctor twice and been told she had a virus and would get better in a little more time. I called one more time. We looked at cars while we waited for the appointment time and really liked the gold windstar. We went to Tati's appointment and discovered that now she had pneumonia. We were allowed to go home and get some things, but needed to check her into the hospital. That started her 7 day stay at St. Luke's Hospital in Boise. She was 4 years old. Josh bought the van for us the next day. It was the first time he ever got drive time on a new-to-us vehicle before me.


And I remember my accident in The Gold Van early this year. An accident was coming that I couldn't avoid, yet I had time to choose being hit in the front or the side. My thought was that I needed the van to get me to SeaTac that weekend because I had arranged a surprise trip for Josh to Disneyland. I took the hit in the side and was able to drive away. No, it was not pretty, but functional. And then this summer, a company truck accidentally backed into our van, making us quite a site to see.. duct tape and plastic, scratches and dents.


Yes, it was time for a change. But we are so grateful for the many many miles so graciously given by The Gold Van.


So now we start another era. We found a 12 passenger van with cruise control and felt it would be a good vehicle to take our family around the country to visit family and see the sites. I feel we have more changes in the future... kids to college, missions, trips, moves (How'd that get in there? Just seems to be life for us. No, we're not planning to move.). You never know...

1 comment:

  1. The Gold Van drove us to the hospital when the twins were born. It drove us to the church when Tatiana and Kamella were baptized. It drove us to the Temple where Joscelin, James and Tatiana were able to do baptisms. It drove us to Vancouver, BC, with Kerry for that Temple Open House. Special Times!

    ReplyDelete